Monday, February 8, 2016

A Continuous Commitment

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well!
Well, this email is gonna be a short one because I don’t have much time today -

The week! Tuesday we had transfers; I stayed here with Elder Amâncio, but Elder Vera was transferred to Itaquera in the capital of São Paulo. Elder Oliveira is here in his place -- he’s from Manaus in the Amazon, and is a cool guy. Before Elder Vera left, all 4 Elders and Clayton, Diogo, and Jota made açaí and it was awesome. It was all good—but change is also kinda sad. Gotta rip it off like a bandaid at times!

This week we worked. Hard. The week was good, but literally everything kept falling through. At least we are being diligent. And learning patience. Something I keep learning about myself is that sometimes I just want to get through my own plans when I actually need to rely more on the promptings I get. That’s the cool part of the work though, learning to rely just on Christ.

 It’s super hot now, and you have to be careful about that cause you get heat sick really easily. Bummer. You (meaning me) also sweat like crazy. The Brazilians think it’s funny how much I sweat. I often wash my face and don’t dry it ... because that’s less wet. Anyways!

We had a baptism this week—Nicolas is the nephew of a church member here named Sandra, who is like a mom to the missionaries here. He comes to church and is 8 and ready for baptism. Sandra’s mom, Grandma Maria, was baptized last week. I’m totally amped by all the people who accept the gospel, love it and then share it with those around them!

Carnaval starts here tomorrow, yikes! I’ve heard it’s pretty calm here in this part of the country, but I’ve also heard that elders from some missions have to stay in home for days at a time because the streets are just filled with wild festivities.

This week, remember that following Christ is a continuous commitment. We are members everyday all day long, and always examples to someone.

Well, I am praying for you all!
Have a great week!
Love,

Elder Hughes


 
Elder Hughes, Elder Amâncio, Jota Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment