Monday, June 6, 2016

May 30th / Transfer to São João Clímaco



Dear family!

How is Syd in Africa? Doing well? I haven’t gotten her emails for a few weeks but I’m sure she’s fine. Awesome that she was able to help the chillens get glasses! How was the Vets home? I remember going to the cemetery after the Linger Longers and walking up and down the rows and really liking being there. It’s crazy to think about how many people have dedicated their lives to the service of the country.

Seminary ended! Man, was it bittersweet? What last verses did you read in the Book of Mormon? Reading the Book of Mormon is an awesome goal! I read the Book of Mormon in Portuguese with Elder Amancio during his training which was a really neat experience. I was able to notice things that I hadn’t ever noticed in English as I read which was really cool to me. Will next seminary year be Doctrine & Covenants? Book of Mormon? New Testament? I think New Testament, right? I’m reading in Romans right now in the New Testament. Awesome stuff!

+ A teaching experience this week: I was in splits with Elder Ewerton this past week and we went to visit Kaué to teach him more about the Plan of Salvation. We taught him the lesson which he really responded to, and we were able to help him resolve some of the questions that he had about the importance of the gospel, and why it is important to find answers for ourselves through the Spirit. It was a really good experience for all of us, and we felt the Spirit strongly.

+ Service: We helped build Irma Ana´s house this week!

+ P-day plans are pizza

+ I’ve been reading a lot about the Atonement lately and why its so necessary to overcome the natural man and the effects of the fall. A church member told me this week during lunch that a demonstration of having a testimony of the Atonement is how willing we are to fight the natural man in our lives, which I really liked and thought was really interesting. The gift and power of the Atonement of Christ can really be something amazing in our lives.

+ I got the transfer call last night and President wanted to talk to me. He reassigned me as a District Leader Trainer to finish the training of a new elder in “one of the best areas of the mission.” I accepted the assignment but I got a call this morning from him again that I’d be a Zone Leader in a different zone because of some different something there. I’ll be going to the Zone Ipiranga, area São João Clímaco, next to the mission office area. I’ll be opening an area again for the 4th time, so that’ll be fun! I was gonna be in the same zone as Sister Kinnaman and Elder Merrill from the MTC; he was also gonna be a ZL there and I was also gonna live with Elder Miranda again. Oh well. I’m excited to go get to work now!

I hope you are all doing well and that you are happy and healthy! There’s lots of good rain here and I’m really liking it! I hope you have a great week! Love you!

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment